Covid Booster Information
Face covering exemption
We understand that the general public may be anxious about the wearing of face masks, however, GPs are not contractually obliged, or in a position, to provide exemption letters or certificates for patients who believe they should be exempt from wearing a face covering.
The guidance suggests there is no requirement for the public to provide evidence, medical or otherwise, for exemption therefore a self declaration from the individual should be sufficient.
For more information please visit the GOV.UK website for further information on the use of face coverings:
Please see weblink below for downloading your own exemption card:
Face Mask Exemption Letter
Welcome to Oldham Medical Services
Our Mission: Oldham Medical Services is a General medical Services (GMS) practice dedicated to delivering the highest standards of primary care with equality, dignity and respect to all it's 5000+ patients. We take a hands-on approach to the many changes of the NHS and General Practice, whilst remaining aware of, and open to, the needs of our diverse practice population.
Training is at the heart of Oldham Medical services and we aim to deliver the most knowledgeable, informed and effective patient care, consistently in line with current guidelines. The Practice is committed to the development of its staff at all levels, realising the full potential of its team and nurturing the feelings of co-operation, mutual support and loyalty which forms the foundation of the Practice.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
1. To deliver safe appropriate care, including medication, to our patients in line with current guidelines.
2. To actively seek out guidance for, and follow through on the implementation of best clinical practice.
3. To encourage patients to become more involved in their own healthcare decisions, service choice and care plans.
4.To Treat all patients with dignity ad respect and ensure they are treated appropriately to their needs.
5. To develop a blame-free reporting culture and continually seek out ways to improve the care we provide
6. To adopt good relationships with other healthcare providers, the neighbourhood team and local practices.
7. To provide appointments at times to suit all patient groups, with a choice of male and female GP.
8. To ensure staff receive up to date, comprehensive training in all areas in which they practice, or in the administration support they provide.
9. To maintain patient confidentiality at all times, and ensure all staff understand their responsibilities in both confidentiality issues and consent.
10. To meet, or exceed, National Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) targets and those set by governing bodies.
11. To provide safe and supportive environment for it's staff.
This surgery website is used to present all our patients with up to date news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like. We can use your ideas to improve our online services and further develop the content of this site.
All patients have been allocated a named GP. You can, however, continue to see the GP of your choice. Please contact the surgery for details of the named GP for you and your family.
(Site updated 07/12/2021)